A bit of news from a July 2011 column about building owner Neil Richardson:
Developer revives historic properties
By David Parker, For the Calgary Herald
July 19, 2011
Campbell Camillus Snowdon built the first portion of his building in 1914 that he used in the manufacturing and importing of petroleum products such as oils, greases, paints, soaps and polishes.
Today the brick structure is painted white - like many older buildings that owners wanted to spruce up - and the back warehouse portion was destroyed by fire in 1988. It has not been touched since, although the front facing onto 11th Street just to the south of the Ramsay Design Centre and a secondary building alongside it are occupied by tenants.
With the assistance of Simpson Roberts Architecture Interior Design, Richardson's plan is to leave the streetscape of Snowdon the way it is, except for stripping off the paint to reveal the original brick facade. Then he will add a new section of three floors that will provide a total of 21,000 square feet of leasable space that Chris Chornohos of Advent Commercial is taking to the market.
The adjacent building to the north will be demolished so that the land will provide ample new parking.
Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Developer+ ... z1WfZKMVit