Bankview "cabin in the city" house to be replaced

Status of new or continuing risks to heritage sites

Moderator: newsposter

Bankview "cabin in the city" house to be replaced

Postby innercitygirl » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:00 pm

I am very concerned about a sign posted on a community property stating that there is plans for a 4 plex. This house is one of the original to Bankview, built out of river stone, and often referred to as “the cabin in the city”. It is even featured on the Bankview Community Association Sign.

Is there anything else I can do to find out more about this proposal and voice my concerns?
Last edited by innercitygirl on Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innercitygirl

Postby newsjunkie2 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:50 pm

I'm not an expert on this, but I think you can get more information on the development permit by searching through the "My Property" tool on the City's website. Just go to the website and clink on "My Property & Assessment" on the left, then go to My Property, and enter the address. You should be able to see any active development permits for the address you entered.

Once you know the development permit number, I think you can submit comments to the City about it (I'm not sure which committee makes DP decisions). Another idea would be to contact the Bankview Community Association and try to get in touch with the person who deals with civic affairs. Often community association's have someone who reviews all of the development permits in the community. Anyway, just some thoughts.
newsjunkie2

thanks newsjunkie

Postby innercitygirl » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 pm

I have been able to follow up with the city and community assoc and am waiting to see what happens.
innercitygirl

Postby Chris E » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm

2510 16A ST SW
Here are some photos of the house, featured on some of the community association signs no less.

The sign

Closeup of the house
Chris E

Postby newsposter » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:00 pm

From www.calgary.ca/myproperty
2510 16A ST SW

Looks like a triplex has been approved and a demolition permit has been applied for and is currently on hold....

Building Permits (active or issued in the last 3 years) BP2007-01043 | Demolition | Hold

Development Permits (active or issued in the last 3 years) DP2007-2213 | Triplex | Pending Release
newsposter

Return to Heritage Watch