A bit of clean-up...
As mentioned in the above post, Eamon's was discussed at the June 19, 2013 meeting of Council's Transportation and Transit Committee. A proposal to assist in the adaptive re-use of Eamon's was put forward by the Bearspaw HIstorical Society. 3.7 EAMON'S BUILDING UTILIZATION AND FUNDING UPDATE, TT2013-0452 Here is a link to the agenda/minutes/video. http://agendaminutes.calgary.ca/sirepub ... pe=MINUTES
The item was dealt with subsequently In Camera at the July 22, 2013 Council meeting. There are some interesting submissions in the Council package. 5.3 EAMON'S BUILDING UTILIZATION AND FUNDING UPDATE, TT2013-0452http://agendaminutes.calgary.ca/sirepub ... ype=AGENDA
It was again dealt with in public at the July 29 Council meeting:http://agendaminutes.calgary.ca/sirepub ... pe=MINUTES
13.4.8 EAMON'S BUILDING UTILIZATION AND FUNDING UPDATE, TT2013-0452
ADOPT, Moved by Alderman Hodges, Seconded by Alderman Farrell, that the SPC on Transportation and Transit Recommendations 1, 2, 3 and 5 contained in Report TT2013-0452, be adopted, as follows:
1. Approve the installation of building services for the possible future return of the Eamon’s building to site;
2. Authorize Administration to continue to store the Eamon’s building until NW LRT extension construction is completed (planned fall 2014). If not leased by this time, then Administration will return to Council for further direction on disposition.
3. Approve use of up to $410,000 from the Reserve for Future Capital as funding source for building move to/from site, storage, design and servicing;
5. Approve the Attachment to Report TT2013-0452 and direct that the Attachment and in camera discussions remain confidential pursuant to Section 24 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act until a new lease agreement has been finalized with a tenant.
ROLL CALL VOTE
G. MacLeod, J. Mar, B. Pincott, R. Pootmans, J. Stevenson, G-C. Carra, D. Farrell, D. Hodges, N. Nenshi
G. Lowe, A. Chabot, D. Colley-Urquhart, P. Demong, R. Jones, S. Keating
ADOPT, Moved by Alderman Hodges, Seconded by Alderman Farrell, that the SPC on Transportation and Transit Recommendation 4 contained in Report TT2013-0452, be adopted, as follows:
4. Include any net operating rent (above actual operating expenses) be directed back to the Reserve for Future Capital until the entire amount drawn down from the Reserve for Future Capital is repaid.
We have since learned that the infrastructure to restore the Eamon's building to its original location was installed at the Rocky Ridge Royal Oak station, which was the next step to return the building to the site.
Here is the link to the leasing opportunity: http://www.calgary.ca/CS/CPB/Pages/Real ... aspx#Eamon